The individual affected by male orgasm disorder is unable to experience an orgasm following a normal sexual excitement phase. The affected man may regularly experience delays in orgasms or may not be able to experience orgasms altogether. Some men with erectile disorder are unable to attain an erection with their partner. Others can achieve erection but not sustain it long enough for penetration and ejaculation.
Organic Causes of Male Orgasm Disorder
- Hypogonadiam – in which the testes do not produce enough testosterone
- Pituitary condition
- Thyroid disorders
- Surgery affecting the prostate and/or other pelvic organs
- Disease that affect the nervous system such as MS, diabetic neuropathy, stokres, spinal cord inquiry
- Substance abuse/alcohol
- Certain medications
Psychological concerns are the most common causes of male orgasm disorders.
- Over impressing a new partner
- Feelings of guilt, anger, fear, low self esteem, anxiety
- Fear of getting partner pregnant
- Fear of contracting STI’s
- Dissatisfaction in relationship with sexual partner
- Past trauma from sexual abuse, sexual assault, rape and incest
- Being raised with stricked sexual taboos
Sexual Health Relationships WA is a confidential counselling service, specialised in sexual health and relationship issues. We offer individual and/or couple’s counselling.
If you are experiencing the above and would like counselling to assist you through this passage please email Raelene firstname.lastname@example.org.